Structure fire mostly happens in an apartment, tower block, commercial buildings, and even shipping malls. Fire can happen anytime, that’s why some of the structure owners insure their property against the loss and damage caused by fire. Covered property may include buildings, machinery, and equipment, stocks in trade, household fixtures, furniture, and, appliances. It is also critical to protect your property against the damage caused by fire.
There are different ways to prevent a fire from increasing. Some people and business establishments invest in fire extinguishers because it is commonly used for small fires, some also use a fire hose located in a cabinet, that carries pressurized water that is connected to the building’s plumbing system. In modern buildings and infrastructures, they use a fire sprinkler system instead. In serious fire cases, you may need the help of the fire department that is near your community, for they are the ones in charge of killing the fire.
What causes a fire?
Commercial fires are common fires that occur, and it is better to be prepared by identifying what causes fires to prevent the damage and injury from happening.
• Cooking equipment is the most common cause of the fire, in a restaurant, or any business that serves food. The fire is caused by high cooking temperatures, flammable oils, and grease.
• Electrical equipment, nowadays, most modern structures feature electrical wiring attached behind the walls for lighting, power, and electricity, which is high risk in causing a fire. You may need to check the wirings because it can be an old wiring, overloaded circuits, and loose connections that can develop overheating and will ignite the fire to break out.
• Smoking materials can also cause a fire if discharged improperly. It is important that when you light your cigarettes or any other smoking materials it needs to be disposed of properly.
• Criminal intent or arson is also another cause of the structural fire this is a malicious intent to cause harm and damage to someone’s property.
Ways to prevent structure fire
Preventing fire should be known by everyone, that’s why some of the schools, business structures conduct a regular fire drill to give knowledge on fire prevention. It is important because fire steals lives, businesses, and homes of too many people. Sometimes you can’t control everything, but there are some steps you can take to reduce the risk of fire damage.
• Investing in fire alarms/smoke alarms is the easiest way to avoid fire and it is important to always check them regularly once installed so they can easily detect fires and smoke as early as possible. If a fire occurs and none of the alarm is working a tragedy can easily happen as no one is alerted by the fire.
• Check all the electric devices at all times before you plug them in because sometimes it is frayed and chewed by animals. As soon as you notice damage in the wires, repair them right away.
• Store all the flammable products properly, household cleaners, cosmetic items, and other items that may contain alcohol and gas. It can be hazardous if they are exposed to a heat source or any high temperatures. You may want to keep them away from any heat source and store them safely in cool storage.
• Invest in a fire eliminating devices, this is the best weapon when a fire breaks out so if a fire happens, it can be put out as fast as possible. The best example of fire eliminating weapon is fire extinguisher and fire sprinkler system.
What is the fire sprinkler system?
The fire sprinkler system is used to eliminate a fire commonly seen in domestic or commercial buildings’ fire protection systems. The fire sprinkler is installed in the ceilings or walls this is connected to a water distribution piping system. The fire sprinkler automatically sprinkles water once it detects fire and heat. The fire sprinkler system is not new, this was also used during the 19th century and is now extensively used worldwide. It is because this system is very convenient in commercial buildings as it automatically detects fire and heat. It is ideal for a busy place. It also requires maintenance regularly but it doesn’t cost too much because it does not require electricity to operate. The fire sprinkler will only work when the heat of the air reaches a certain temperature or when the fire is near the sprinkler.
How does a fire sprinkler system work?
Fire can be very devastating, especially when there is no one around. Fire can break out at any time, even at night. A fire sprinkler system is a pipe that is installed in the ceiling or walls holding water under pressure. It is a simple faucet in which the pressured water will come out as soon as it detects a fire. Fire sprinklers are so useful as it responds quickly. It reduces the risk of injury and damage to properties. The sprinkler lessens the heat coming from the fire and as soon as it detects it, allows people to evacuate quickly. Take note that the fire sprinkler does not detect smoke rather, this will only activate once it reaches a certain temperature or a fire is near the sprinkler. When installing the fire sprinkler system, the one who will install it should be trained contractors that are authorized to do so by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards. A fire sprinkler system is best to be installed when you are building a new home or commercial building. The system is very helpful to reduce the risk of damage and injury. Unfortunately, there are also misconceptions about the fire sprinkler system, for some, it is not ideal because it only detects smoke, it only detects when a certain temperature set is reached. All the sprinklers do not activate at once. Only the sprinkler that is closest to the fire will be activated. In some cases, the sprinklers activate even when there was no fire, this causes inconvenience and water damages, but this happens rarely. Some businesses and homeowners think that fire sprinklers only ruin the overall ambiance of the place so they prefer a less noticeable fire eliminating device. Also, once sprinkler detects a fire they don’t automatically turn back off when the fire is gone,
which may lead to the water damage caused by over-spraying. The most usually asked question in the fire protection world is the difference between fire sprinkler and fire suppression systems. The suppression system and fire sprinklers have a major difference, even though they have a common purpose, which is to extinguish a fire and minimizing the damage to properties and saving lives. A fire sprinkler system will release water once it detects fire and heats. It will destroy quickly in the affected area. There are also different types of sprinklers including wet pipe, dry pipe, and deluge sprinklers. On the other hand, the fire suppression system is designed for chemical and foam agents to eliminate a fire they do not use water.
Protek Fire and Systems have been in the business for over 30 years and has gained many years of experience in almost every aspect of fire prevention and protection. Protek Fire and systems is the company you are looking for to install the fire splinter system, with the outstanding years of years, Protek fire and systems will ensure prevention and protection from fire. Contact (801) 718-1055 for your questions or you may email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Protek fire and systems will be glad to protect you from fire.