Fire suppression systems are important for the well-being of residents, buildings, and business assets. But as traditionally used fire suppression systems are dependent on chemical suppression agents there will be health impacts on the residents and also on the environment. The chemical fire protection systems have the chance of damaging or even destroying the key elements in the structures that they are planned to safeguard. There are some situations where chemical fires cannot be eliminated with the water or other traditional fire sprinkler systems. Clean agent fire suppression systems avoid this problem and offer a solution by only performing the intended work. In this blog, we will explain how clean fire suppression systems are making the world a better place.
How Do Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems Work?
Clean agent fire suppression systems were created to eliminate the harm to equipment, documents, residents in the structure, and other items that are crucial for businesses.
These systems make use of gas instead of water to eliminate fire without any issues. These systems work by sending signals within no time to the clean agents whenever smoke or heat is detected. The heat is absorbed by the clean agents as they fill the room and eliminate the fire.
Clean agent fire suppression systems include cylinders filled with clean agents like FM-200 or CO2 that are kept isolated from the protected regions. They are in sync with the protective space via a piping connection that links the nozzles carefully spaced at every possible fire location. Whenever a smoke or heat is located, an electronic signal is given to the control unit to pass the clean agent via the network of cylinders and piping connections.
As there is plenty of technological inventions, the current clean agent fire suppression system units will adjust the pipe valves to carefully pass only the clean agents to the protective areas. These advanced systems can connect audio and visual alarms, doors, and nearby vents to avoid the spread of fire while also turning off the other electrical items. As the clean agent goes to the fire detected region within no time, the nozzles will open and deflectors will send the agent towards the fire-effected region.
Clean agents focus on diluting the oxygen content and spreading them throughout the room to eliminate the fire. They have been known to save important data, records, or any other key building items and stop the spread of fire. To minimize damage from a fire and also from efforts to stop it, clean agent fire protection systems use a gaseous agent rather than water to diffuse fires., there is protection to the environment.
Benefits of Choosing a Clean Agent Fire Suppression System:
- The major purpose of employing a clean agent fire suppression system is due to their safety to be used on electronics and other important records etc. This is because traditional fire suppression systems make use of wet or dry chemicals that can damage the electronic items or other important documents present in the region. They have many instances of damaging the important files or electronics items thanks to the chemicals present in the room. Clean agents make use of chemicals that are non-volatile, non-corrosive, and non-volatile that are known to be less harmful on any items present in the room while suppressing the fire easily.
- Traditional fire suppression systems make use of chemicals that harm the ozone layer and damage the environment while they suppress the fire. But a clean agent fire suppression system is harmless because of its low emissions and gentle on the environment.
- Few chemical-based fire suppression systems can suffocate the residents in the building while also damaging their internal organs. A clean agent fire suppression system is known to be safer even if the gases are being inhaled by the residents.
- It takes only around 10 seconds for a clean agent fire suppression system to activate the agent and start eliminating the fire. They are known to suppress the fires starting from the very early period and reduce the dame significantly. As clean agent fire suppression systems act so quickly, damage from any kind of fire is generally very less to a particular electrical machine or any area that may have caught fire.
- Clean agent fire suppression system acts quickly and there will be no residue left to reduce the clean-up charges. How long would it generally take for starting back a business or routine process after a fire mishap? What would be the amount of damage that can be caused due to the fire? With a clean agent fire suppression system, there will be very less downtime to get back the business. All the important benefits of fast fire detection, no residual or water damage, the fire will be limited to very small space. There will be a requirement of only a few times to clean up all the residue after any fire mishap.
- A clean agent fire suppression system has the flexibility to be fitted on different types of structures. This is mainly due to its safety features and fast-release extinguishers that make it a top contender for safeguarding the important items and most importantly the life of residents.
- As it is evident, clean agent fire suppression systems make use of gas instead of water that is helpful for both the residents and the environment. They have been known with many proven instances to protect electronic files or important documents. This is the reason to be employed by many businesses for safeguarding their important assets.
- The clean agent fire suppression systems always react within 10 seconds to eliminate the fire in the business or any type of structure. This leads to less damage and also less amount of smoke that can be filled inside a structure when a fire is initiated.
If you have any type of doubts or are thinking about upgrading your existing fire protection system, contact Protek Fire Safety today. Our fire suppression experts would guide you to choose the right fire safety solutions depending on your requirements.